We had our 'gender' ultrasound this past Friday. I have to admit that I was really anxious and nervous. I love my little girl with all my heart and I'm so blessed to have my gorgeous little angel but I'd be lieing if I said I haven't always wanted a son. As a matter of fact, Keri and I have always talked about having "one of each". Now we are blessed times two with a girl and a boy.
It's interesting that Riley was all.. girl, girl, girl for this first few months. She wanted nothing to do with a boy and would tell anyone that would listen the she "wasn't dealing with any willies. Daddy has to deal with the willy." She's told Dr. Dickey, nurses, and anyone else that would listen about the willy. When I explained to her that we don't get to choose and it might be a boy and I asked her what would we do with him he response was "throw him in the garbage." The thing is, she did a complete about-face a few weeks ago. She's been boy, boy, boy ever since. Because of my beliefs, it made me wonder if a little someone (Grandad?, Dad?)had whispered in her ear that she was gonna have a little brother and she better get used to it. Whatever it was, she changed her tune.
I thought I heard the ultrasound tech say, "well, it looks like you're going to have another..." For that split second, I knew we were having another girl. Then my eyes focused on the screen again and I saw what looked like an apple with a bump on it and I realized she said "it looks like you're going to have the other". A boy! Woo hoo! Riley and I were high fiving and hooting and hollering. Of course, all the calls and texts to family and friends followed. I finally got to tell Monty "well... we did it". He replied, "did what?" And I got to say, "we got you your grandson. Now you'll have someone to hand all of your guns down to." So without further adieu, here's the little man in all his glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment