Yesterday was Keri's birthday. Unfortunately for her, it was pretty uneventful. We even had to go grocery shopping last night. Not exactly the best way to spend your birthday but hey, them's the breaks when you get older right? $147, Contos dinner and a little bit of TV later we all went to bed around 9:30. We followed the same routine we always do. Put Romeo to bed, lights out, check the doors, etc, etc. So imagine my surprise when I went downstairs this morning around 6:00 am and there was a light on. Not a big deal right? Unless you add to the mix that the refridgerator door was WIDE OPEN. For a second, the thought crossed my mind, is there someone in my house? Where's the barefoot bandit? Isn't he still in jail? The next thing that crossed my mind was RILEY!
I put a note on the door "don't eat anything in the fridge. The door was wide open when I came down this morning" and headed off to work. I waited patiently for my morning phone call. When they called, Riley wanted to facetime with Daddy. One of the first things I asked Keri was "have you been downstairs yet?" To which her respone was "no, why? What happened." I waited until Riley was on facetime to break the news. "Did you or Riley go downstairs last night to get something to eat?" Keri replied, "yeah, Riley went down and got a yogurt." I responded, "well, when I went down this morning the light was on and fridge was wide open!" You can imagine how the rest of the conversation went. Riley found it all quite amusing. I did my best to explain that she needs to remember to close the fridge. Keri swears she heard the fridge door slam. To Riley's credit she probably did close it. Only with the strength and delicacy of a bull in a china shop. I think she slammed it so hard that it popped right back open. Right behind her when she was running out of the kitchen.
Needless to say, almost the entire contents of our fridge was thrown out this morning. Along with probably 50% of the $147 we spent last night. Ain't kids fun?
No comments:
Post a Comment