Sorry it's been so long since my last post. Things have been a bit crazy as you can imagine. I'm back at work today and just got finished reading 400+ emails and thought I would take a 15 min break to update the blog. It wasn't much fun rolling out of bed at 5:15 this morning. I need to get back in the routine. On top of that I feel like I'm getting a cold. Not good. Riley had a rough night last night. Actually it probably wasn't very rough for her as it was for poor Keri. Riley was up every hour after we put her to bed for the night. I have to say that Keri has been amazing. She hasn't complained once! Me on the other hand... and I don't have anything to complain about. I get to sleep. I feel pretty helpless since I can't feed Riley yet so the burden of all of the feedings are on the Dairy Queen. As soon as Keri can start pumping I can give her a break. We have Riley her second 'real' bath last night and she seems to really enjoy it. She's so cute when she's in her birthday suit and all covered in bubbles. Suffice to say that I am already wrapped around her little finger.
Mum, Ness, Keira and Rya came to visit this weeked which was AWESOME! I miss them SO MUCH. I wish we lived closer together. Rya is absolutely adorable. I actually got to rock her to sleep which made my day. I think we bonded :) I could cuddle that little girl to death if she'd let me. She reminds me so much of Vanessa in so many ways. One similarity is that she's not too fond of affection so I had to force my will on her and sneaks in hugs and kisses whenever I could. Ness showed Rya some pictures on her camera when they were driving home yesterday and she tried to hug and kiss the camera so that made me feel like a million bucks. She was saying 'happy Raig'. Ahhh!!! We just hung out at the house, ate good food and told stories all weekend. It was really nice. Keira just celebrated her 21st b-day and I have to say that she has matured into a knockout of a young lady. I have to try to stop myself from being too fatherly with her although I don't do a very good job. She can take care of herself but she'll always be my little squirt. Mum looks great too and if you didn't know any better you wouldn't know she was a grandmother. Ness and Mum got mistaken for sisters in Vegas (which actually happens all the time). I don't know if that is a good or bad thing for Ness but it works to Mum's advantage :)
Well, I've rambled for long enough. I made some changes to the blog and added a permanent link to Riley's photo album at the top of the page on the right hand side. This is where I'll add photos from time to time. I also added a slide show of the same album. It's really small but you can click on the individual images as they come up as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment