Tuesday, October 7, 2008
False Alarm
We had a bit of a false alarm last night. I'm looking at it like it was a practice run. Keri leapt off of the couch at about 6:15 pm faster than I've seen in quite a while. She headed straight for the downstairs bathroom. I asked her if she was ok and I got a reply through the door "I think my water just broke." That's a 'holy crap' moment let me tell ya. After I got my composure I called the hospital and asked them what we should do since we weren't 100% sure her water had broken but we were pretty darn sure. They said "You better come down here. You're probably going to be having a baby tonight." So we grabbed everything we could think of that we might need and headed for the hospital. It was pretty miserable out last night (rain) so I drove as fast as I could get away with to get to the hospital as fast as possible. We got Keri all admitted and were quite sure we were going to have a baby by Tuesday morning. It turns out they don't think Keri's water broke. We never got a good answer about what actually did happen but SOMETHING happened for sure. Keri sure as heck didn't pee her pants! So it looks like we're back on for Thursday morning. I'm staying at home as I don't think Keri will let me out of her sight. Riley seems to be full or surprises so I don't want anything to happen while I'm 50 miles away from home :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment