Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Kids' Bathroom Progress

I've been bad about posting progress.  Here's some pics and a quick update.  This has been a slow moving project but it's nice not to be in a hurry; although it will be really nice to get the bathroom back.

I have new respect for tilers.  It's a craft and an art form - much like laying carpet.  I really struggled and got quite frustrated.  Lippage is where you have one tile sticking up higher or lower than the tile next to it.  The technique for spreading and troweling thin set takes practice. The tile isn't perfect, but it's pretty darn good for my first time laying tile this way.  The walls are the next challenge.  I learned a lot about mixing thin set properly (follow the instructions on the bag and measure the water vs. powder). 

I also used a product called Ditra for the uncoupling membrane.  It's also a learning curve to lay it down properly as it is also put down with thin set.  Having an even floor before laying it on top is a must!








No comments: